Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Goal Complete: 30-Day Facebook Hiatus

It hasn't been difficult to do, since I closed my facebook account several months back, for many reasons.

Do I miss keeping up with friends and family and trolling around to read the latest updates?

Yes.

Do I miss looking down at my watch and realizing I just spent an hour of my time and never actually reached out to anyone or made a connection so people know I am thinking of them?

No.

I'm sure in a few months I'll be back on the drug, spending wasted minutes reading about Jim Bob's latest pet trick and Betty Sue's vacation to France, but in the meantime, I'm perfectly fine taking the time to call and text in order to keep communication. Is a text message the equivalent of snail mail 20 years ago? I'm sure there are still more virtual things to come that will make our communication much more efficient, but does it make our communication much BETTER?

That's the question.

No comments: