Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY KOLBE!!!

Today is Kolbe's 4th birthday!! He was so excited when he woke up this morning, and the first words out of his mouth were "Next time I'll be 5!" (Where's the patience?)

Every birthday is a milestone, and always gets me thinking back to the day he was born. I had checked out of the hospital the night before, and had to be back the next morning at 5am for them to induce. I had been having contractions for weeks, and not progressing and they were concerned with how big he might be.

Induction started at 7am and I went until almost 3pm until getting an epidural (after they manually broke my water). I still hadn't made any progress after almost 10 hours, and Kolbe's heart rate dropped suddenly and within 10 minutes they had me in for a c-section to get him out.

I can't say the surgery was the best experience, but I would do it 10 times over again to have that single moment where he came out and the doctor said "It's a boy!" The best moment of my life.

I can still hear all the sounds, the smells and remember it like it was yesterday. And now it's already 4 years later.

Thank you to my little boy for bringing such joy into my world.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOLBE!

No comments: