Patience is key.
Too bad sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't. That's where it helps to have Keith as my partner!
It has been 4 weeks since we moved Nickolas into Kolbe's room. It has definitely had it's share of ups and downs, mostly downs.
• They were in bunk beds.
• Nickolas was scared.
• Nickolas woke up over and over at night.
• Keith and I couldn't agree on when to go in or when to stay out.
• We agreed to sit in there until Nick fell asleep each night.
• That could sometimes take over an hour.
• He began to get used to it and slept without getting up in the middle of the night.
• Decided to try one night without sitting in there.
• The boys played for over 2 hours.
• Split the beds and put them on opposite sides of the room.
• Took out every single toy in the room and put toys in the other bedroom.
• Still sat in there.
• Just tried tonight where we let them play until they were tired.
• Not too bad, only took them about 45 minutes.
In my opinion, they are just playing because they can. If they are not hurting anything or each other, they can do that until they get tired. At least they're not crying-they will start to get bored of it. It's just because it's something new.
I know it wears on my patience though, but better now than when the baby gets here. There will be enough lack of sleep as is (as I sit here at 2am writing this).
Off to bed! Where I will NOT be playing-only SLEEPING!