Thursday, October 29, 2009

Review: Paranormal Activity

Summary: A young couple suspects that their house is haunted by a malevolent entity. They set up video surveillance to capture evidence of what happens at night as they sleep. Their surveillance and home videos have been edited into the 99 minute feature film "Paranormal Activity". (taken from another site)

My take on the movie: The first half of it was REALLY slow. I almost thought this is so dumb and boring and I want to leave. But there were a few spots now and again that were somewhat humorous, and of course I was curious.

Boy was my curiosity fulfilled. Halfway through it really picked up, and there was at least a time or two where I jumped in my seat, and even a time I got goosebumps. I can't even remember the last time I got goosebumps in a creepy movie. The ending was excellent and it was SO scary that I actually had a hard time falling asleep that night.

In fact, it's kind of creeping me out right now just thinking about it.
I'm done.

No comments: