Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Review: Prince of Persia

On Sunday night Keith and I went to see "Prince of Persia" after the boys went to bed while my sister stayed at the house. It was great to get out just the two of us even if we were staring blankly at a big screen with no conversation between us for 2 hours!

Let me just say off the bat, I hadn't heard a single thing about this movie and had no idea what it was about. My remedial knowledge of history is no help, so I didn't know if this movie was fact or fiction. Turns out, it was based off a video game! What? Now if they could make a movie around Tetris, Q-bert or Galaga then I might be able to relate better.

Nonetheless, the plot was good, the eye candy was better. I would watch it again, so that's saying a lot.

We were slightly distracted though because some parents decided it would be a great idea to bring their small children (under the age of 5) to a 10pm showing of a grown up movie!! Who does that? These poor kids were in there until after midnight talking, crying at one point and very tired. I would have brought my kids but "Spliced" is coming out on Friday and thought that might be a better fit for them with violent and terrifying visuals!

The movie was good. Tip: don't bring your preschooler.

No comments: