Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hasenauer Family Reunion

Back in August, there was a Hasenauer Family Reunion up in Pennsylvania that quite a few of us went to. It was a wonderful trip.

My grandfather, Mom, sister and Kolbe flew up early on Friday morning and my Aunt, Uncle and cousin drove it, so we all made it in Friday afternoon. Lots of family there that picked us up and we were able to spend hours visiting. We stayed at my cousins' house.

The actual reunion was that Saturday, and we spent pretty much all day there. They had rented a pavilion and the set up was comfortable and low-key, perfect weather. TONS of food and a potluck style. I couldn't get over how much food was there, but was not surprised, since everything up there is planned around meals. =) It was greatly organized, with lots of information on the family, lineage, name tags, pictures, etc. I met a lot of new people and got to visit with those already known.

The most exciting thing (to me), is that we were getting a 5 GENERATION picture. My great-grandfather, my grandfather, my Mom, me and my son! How often are people able to do that? We have been able to get 4-generation pictures quite a few times (shown is one over 20 years ago), but the 5-generation is really unique.

We spent Sunday and Monday site seeing and visiting. Roadside America, shopping and more eating! It was a wonderful trip and I'm glad Kolbe was able to experience it!

No comments: