Monday, November 16, 2009

Review:2012/Date Night

Here's the online synopsis of the movie:

Apocalyptic sci-fi thriller following the prophecy stated by the ancient Mayan calendar, which says that the world will come to an end on December 21, 2012. When a global cataclysm thrusts the world into chaos, divorced writer and father Jackson Curtis (John Cusack) joins the race to ensure that humankind is not completely wiped out.

Nicolle's online review of the movie:

It was just OKAY. So-so, eh, alright, something to do, a GREAT way to get out of the house and away from the kids!

I have to say, I think I over-expected too much-which in my old age I have learned everything is about expectations. This movie was a little too long ( 2 1/2 hours), and very over the top. Keith and I were actually laughing out loud when we really shouldn't have been. I mean, it's not polite to laugh when plastic surgeons are trying to fly planes and lift them off the ground that is eating itself and millions of other people, right?

Keith and I enjoyed it because we were on a date and eating happily at the Studio Movie Grill. We also enjoyed an evening of dinner and drinks at Maggiano's followed by a stop at Albert and Debbie's place for Debbie's 40th birthday party!!

We were in celebration of our dating anniversary (which I still make Keith celebrate, but hey he didn't mind when he found out it was a night off), 16 years ago today!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KEITH!

No comments: