Monday, November 14, 2011

Goal Complete: Lose 10 Pounds

Something I've learned over the last 7-8 years, is that it's not so much about the number on the scale as it is about how you feel.

Okay, that's kind of true.

I really do tell myself that. Thinking back to when I was in high school and the weight I was at - it DEFINITELY was NOT healthy, as I was skipping breakfast, eating a chocolate chip cookie for lunch and swinging by Taco Bell every night at 11pm after work.

But I felt good when I got on the scale!

Fast forward almost 20 years later and I'm sitting at a weight much higher, but I can guarantee I'm a lot healthier than I was back then. Sure I splurge and don't always make the best choices; but I work out, understand the value of calories and nutrients, and I TRY to eat my vegetables.

(Ketchup counts as a vegetable)

With that ramp up, I have to admit although I had on my list of goals to lose 10lbs, it's not like I really tried to get the weight off. I did do very healthy things this year, like training for the marathon, picking up yoga, taking vitamins and doing a lot more weight training than last year. I guess I just figured without a real huge change in my balance between food and activity, my body would sit where it's at.

But ALAS! As I was going through paperwork yesterday and found my information from last December when I was in the hospital, I realized…I really did lose the weight in the last 11 months! Exactly 10lbs.

Still a long ways to go on getting stronger and being healthy, but at least I accomplished this goal!!

1 comment: