Our first winter in the Midwest has just begun, with our second weekend of SNOW!
I can't believe this goes on through March? I'm used to pulling out shorts and t-shirts by that time every year. Shoot, sometimes it's possible to wear shorts in December in Dallas and not even have to wait until then!
Here's a Texas girl's random learnings after a mere 9 days into the winter wonderland:
• Sometimes you need to snowplow 2-3 times each day just to keep the snow out of your driveway, sidewalks and away from the mailbox.
• You really can feel a difference between 20 degrees and 2 degrees.
• 6-year olds must have some additional layer of skin that repels cold weather.
• It feels like it takes 2 hours to get 3 pairs of snow boots, 3 pairs of snow pants, 3 hats, 3 pairs of gloves and 3 jackets on 3 kids. Just to turn around and do it again over and over again.
• I find myself drinking less so I don't have to pee as much, because it's too cold to remove any article of clothing for any length of time, no matter how quick it may be.
• Almost everyone has a story about sliding off the road into a ditch, it's just something that happens.
• I still haven't mastered getting out of the driveway and have to go the opposite direction just to get out.
• When I get home I just slide into the garage. It's actually kind of fun.