Monday, June 16, 2008

Restless Leg Syndrome: Night 2

It's night 2 of no sleep for me!

Last night I got all of 2 hours because I had the symptoms of RLS (restless leg syndrome), which I was diagnosed with in both pregnancies in month 9, so I knew what was happening, but confused as to why.

Still don't know.

What I do know is that I'm having them worse tonight. I've tried lots of things, and looked up things online to try, also got tips from my grandmother since she has had RLS for years and years. Her advice:

Put a bar of soap in bed with me.

No luck.

I tried a heating pad, hot shower on legs and back, light exercise, magnesium pills, laying on a massage insert and yes, wearing socks (read that online).

I'm giving the magnesium pills some time, since I just ran over to the drugstore to get them about 20 minutes ago, we'll see if they help. In the meantime, it's 2:45am, and work awaits in 6 hours.

It's going to be a grand Monday.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Sorry you are having such a rough time. I've had insomnia since I was a kid, so I know what it's like to operate on no sleep. =(