Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday, No-FunDay

Now I know there are a million and one ways to ruin a day that are much worse than what I went through today, but this Sunday was a little rough.

The boys were really out of control, not listening and dramatic. My poor attitude and being overly critical didn't help, but Kolbe said the phrase "I hate you" to me today when I put him in time out. It really caught me off-guard. I asked him if he heard someone at school say that, and he said "yes". I explained to him what that meant, and how horrible it was to say it to someone. It makes me wonder where kids hear it, and worries me that they seem to be saying it in context.

Like I said, there were still moments of laughter and fun today, and I feel happy about that, but it was a challenge to keep my cool today.

No comments: