Saturday, May 14, 2011

What Did I Just Eat?

Thursday was a tough morning. The night before I was up late working and was done about 2am but unable to sleep. I guess the time difference was doing a number on me and I fell asleep about 4…woke up at 8am.

Another productive day in the office. Worked through lunch and was able to head out for dinner again with some of the team…this time Kentaro was able to meet us!

Kentaro is the person I had been in a lot of contact with for the past year, but he left the company a couple of months ago. I am SO thankful I was able to see him Thursday night!!

We had dinner at UEMON near Shin Yokohama Station. Bar, food, loud, lovely. This was the most experimental dinner yet. Salad that appeared to have pepper on it was actually the eyes of little fish. Crunchy I might add. There were kabobs with meat…but not just any kind…pieces of the heart and liver of I believe they said…a horse.

Am I correct?

Does it make a difference if I'm wrong? It was heart and liver and that's all that matters.

The whole meal was delicious but I have to say the "liver" was not my most favorite thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Drinks this week have been quite the pleasure as well. After being asked what I drink in America and answering Dr. Pepper and cosmopolitans they have been ordering me "fruity" Japanese wine with very good flavor. One night my drink had a bit of an apricot taste and I could have had a handful of those, but the business rule for me is stick to one.

Kentaro was quite entertaining and Takeo, Takashi and Inabe-san were there as well so it was a perfect way to end the day.

Many thanks for another amazing day!

No comments: