Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goal Complete: Get a Bicycle

Okay, I didn't buy my own bike, but I do have a bike in my possession borrowed from my friend Susie! My cousin Wendy also has one I would LOVE to borrow as well, 'cause I know I won't be able to keep Susie's forever!

I have decided to do my first duathlon (another goal on my list), on February 21st at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Motor Speedway Duathlon

I did train for one several years back and they canceled it at the last minute. I do sure have a lot of work to do in the next 8 -weeks. I went out for my first ride last Sunday, but I really have no clue what I'm doing. I had no idea how different it would be out on the road as opposed to a stationery bike, plus I haven't been on a regular bike in ages.

I did find $10 in the road though which means I can't really lie about how fast I was going.

I'm guessing I only went about 3 miles, and I was feeling it. Not good. At least I have been running. We'll see how much I can improve in the next couple of weeks.

This race is going to be a 3 mile run, then 20 mile bike then another 3 mile run. I am not at all accustomed to the "brick legs" after the bike for the final run, and that worries me. So, next steps are to get some help from friends, get the right kind of gear, and practice, practice, practice!!

Maybe in the process I'll complete ANOTHER goal and lose that tricky 10lbs that's been hanging on since last year!

No comments: