Tuesday, October 9, 2007

GoodBye, Billy...

Billy was put to sleep today.

His liver had failed. He had spent the last several weeks very lethargic, not eating and drinking enough, and in the last week his skin had started to turn yellow. I also noticed a big difference in his hair. It just looked like he had started to age a lot in a short amount of time.

Keith called me as I was driving home from work. He had taken Billy into the doctor on very short notice, and I was not expecting what he had to say. They were going to let him go.

I asked him I could get there and see him to say goodbye. He was such a good cat and friend. The worst he ever did was drink out of an occasional glass left out. Kolbe and Nickolas liked to watch him. He was always small, since he was the runt of the litter, and was a very friendly and likeable cat.

He definitely didn't get the attention he deserved once the boys got here, but he always had a good nature about him. He will be missed, and was very much loved. I hope he knows that...

No comments: