Saturday, October 27, 2007

What is It?

A fake brain for Halloween? A meteor? A painted piece of art?

Unfortunately, it was the dinner I attempted to make last night.

I started dinner a little early because I knew it would just be me and the boys, and I wanted to head out afterwards to the store, so I put some noodles on the stove, and went outside, reminding myself and Kolbe to come inside in 5 minutes to get it off the stove.

So, we go outside and the neighbor is out there with her son. They come over and start talking. We're talking about Halloween, about the school district her son goes to, about her husband's job, about what kinds of things she needs to get done this weekend before he leaves to go out of town.....is it sounding like this is a less than 5 minutes conversation?

Needless to say, I came inside to this (only after Kolbe opened the front door and I stunk up the whole neighborhood with the smell of burning!)

P.S. We didn't eat it.

No comments: