Thursday, January 3, 2008

Half-Marathon Training: Day Two

Wow, I am out of shape.

I have successfully completed Day Two of the training program I am following. This morning at the gym I did run 3 miles, but goodness does it really need to take 46 minutes to do it? I didn't have the greatest mentality about it halfway through, and I was hungry, so maybe that's why. Yes, that's probably why. It has nothing to do with the fact that I have spent the last 2 months on the couch, eating pizza and Taco Bueno and hardly using any muscles.

So the big day is April 6th. I originally had it planned for a few months later, but I think I would rather risk attempting the run too early than to pass out in 120 degree weather in June.

My goal is to finish the race and do as much running as possible during it. Maybe I could get some of those shoes with the built in wheels?

Big-D Texas Marathon

No comments: