Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Anniversary Weekend!

This past weekend was Keith and I's 15-year anniversary from when we started dating, so I thought I would take advantage of the weekend.

We had intended on just having a date night Saturday night, but I had planned with Keith's parents months ago to keep the boys both Friday and Saturday night and surprise Keith. So, I ran around like a mad woman with Kolbe on Friday morning packing the boys up, grocery shopping, running errands, then met Keith's parents to drop them off. Came home and packed us up, got ready, left a card and note for Keith to meet me at the Embassy Suites in Frisco and made my way over there.

It was a nice relaxing weekend. We spent time at the hotel-nice dinner, room service for dessert, great breakfast and lots of quiet resting time. No worry about time or having to be anywhere. Took Saturday very easy and saw the new James Bond movie, did a little shopping and went out to eat Mexican food for dinner.

Got the boys back Sunday.

I can't believe it's been 15 years. I can still remember every moment of our first date, what we did, what Keith was wearing, things that were said. It's funny how back then we had dreams and visions of what time together and weekend plans would be once we were "grown up", but when it comes down to it, when we get the time now we revert back to the simple things that seemed so minimal a long time ago. Just sitting and eating together, a movie, time to relax.

Just the time together-that's what matters.
Here's to another 15 years.

No comments: