Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm Glad I'm Not An Intern Anymore

But I never had to get coffee.

I was once an intern, and I have to say, it wasn't too shabby. I guess I elaborate on it sometimes to the "kids nowadays" about having no email account back then, no phone, no desk, less pay and walking up hill both ways to get to work.

While interviewing today for the new round of interns coming into the design studio...a part of me (the larger part) felt lucky to be at the place I am at in my career, and realizing how much I've learned, and how far experience will get you. But at the same time, a part of me always gets a tad jealous at the new talent and enthusiasm inside of someone fresh and uncorrupted with the corporate way of life. I'm all for proper business, profit and reason for design-but I have lost my free thinking....where oh where are you and how can I get you back?

Maybe I should become an intern?

No comments: