Trivia about Mothers...
- There are 84 million mom's in the U.S.
- The youngest mother on record was Lina Medina, who delivered a 6½-pound boy by cesarean section in Lima, Peru in 1939, at the age of 5 years and 7 months.
- The odds of a woman delivering twins is 1-in-33.
- Her odds of having triplets is approximately 1-in-539.
- August is the most popular month in which to have a baby.
- Kentucky has the highest percentage of women who are mothers at 67%. The national average is 57%.
- About 4 million women will have babies this year.
- The median age of a woman giving birth for the first time in the U.S. is 24.8.
- Daughters keep in closer contact with their mothers than do sons. (Pew Research)
- There are more phone calls made on Mother's Day than on any other day of the year. (Pew Research)
- The number of people calling their moms on Mother's Day has declined in recent years due to e-mail and other electronic means of communication.
- While nearly 80 percent of Americans will buy a card for mom this year, 83 percent of the cards will be purchased by daughters. (American Greetings)
- Mother's Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday.
- Mother's Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants.
Happy Mother's Day to just a FEW of the 84 million Moms I know. =)
MOM, Mama, Oma, Lenie, Steph, Lynnette, Dorys, Wendy, Sandy, Jill, Andi, Anne, Nikki, Dory, Shay, Kandice, Susanna, Melina, Kara, Anne D., Nerissa, Heidi G., Maureen, Judy, Sharon, Lori M., Julia N., Kathy L., Aunt Betty, Aunt Sue, Joan, Angie, Nancy P., Pia, Nicole R., Vickie R..
What wonderful Mom's you all are. Enjoy your day!